Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kiev Days 1 & 2


Hey everyone! I arrived in Kiev mostly intact, if not a little tired. It was storming in Atlanta when I left so the takeoff was terrifying. But we got to Amsterdam without any problems. The four hour layover was uneventful, as well as the 2 1/2 flight to Kiev. Customs was a total joke. No immigration forns or luggage inspection at all, he just asked how long I was staying, stamped my passport and waved me through. 

Jing was waiting for me at baggage claim. We took a 45 min bus into downtown and the metro to our hostel. Everyone there was really nice and they were from all over the world.  Jing and I got pizza nearby for dinner and caught up, then called it an early night.

The next day we spent sightseeing in Kiev, including the 3 main cathedrals and the outdoor souvenir market. After an early dinner we caught an overnught train to L'viv, a smaller city in western Ukraine on our way to Poland. We'll  stay here one night and then take the bus to Krakow tomorrow to see Auschwitz.

Kiev pictures

Hope you enjoy the pictures! More to come soon.
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment